Nobody likes to be stuck. I’m not talking about getting your vehicle stuck in the mud, although, that is no fun either. I’m talking about being stuck in life- stuck in your work, stuck in a relationship, stuck in a disagreement, stuck in your finances, etc…
You know you are stuck when you have any of the following experiences:
- A sense of waiting– You want your situation to change, but you are hoping and waiting on someone or something else to change.
- A sense of frustration– You have a goal and it is clear, but you have no clue on how to get from point A to point B.
- A sense of overwhelm– You know where you want to go. You know how to get there, but you feel like you can’t do it. It’s too hard. The path is too long. There are too many giant obstacles.
Basically, we get stuck anytime we want to create some sort of positive change, but see a limited number of ways to get from point A to point B and we do not like or want to pursue any of those limited options. Lack of choice creates stuck-ness. Limited and undesirable options create pressure and that pressure paralyzes us to remain right where we are- unsatisfied and disappointed…STUCK.
When you experience stuck-ness, what do you do?
We want to get unstuck, right? Well, the first thing we must do is recognize, “I’m stuck.” Hopefully from my descriptions above, you have already recognized an area or two in your life, right now, that you are stuck in.
Once we recognize and admit that we are stuck, it’s time to decide and declare, “I’M GOING TO GET UNSTUCK!” It’s time to access your inner volition and create positive change!
Getting unstuck is a lot easier than it feels in the moment.
Getting unstuck starts with a mindset shift. It’s our perception of reality that has us stuck in the first place.
Below are 3 simple questions you can think of,or better yet, journal about to shift your mindset and open up new possibilities, creating new options that are filled with new energy, motivating you to get out of your stuck-ness.
Great getting unstuck questions:
- What is the easiest thing to do? (This would be the obvious, first things that come to mind.)
- What would have the most impact? (These would be the bold, courageous, stepping out of your comfort zone ideas, ideas that cause some inner resistance to show up because you know it would uncomfortable.)
- What do I want to do? (This is the question that will bring the greatest clarity, wake up your true passion, and increase your energy. Spend a little extra time on this one and add the additional question of, “Why do I want this?” for added fuel.
Choice is at the heart of getting unstuck, so remember, when you are feeling stuck, shift your mindset so that you can open up new choice, new ideas, creating greater options. Pick one and take action and you will be unstuck before you know it!
Let’s have an awesome week, growing and thriving in every area of our work and life.
With Love and Volition,